Summer of 2009

For general discussion about Alcan boats
limitless

Summer of 2009

Post by limitless »

Cruising Georgian Bay.
Cruising Georgian Bay.

Completed two weeks vacation, from Brit to Tobermory (Big Tug Harbour), to Bin Fine (The Pool) to Benjamin Islands (Crocker Island) to Killarney(Covered Portage Cove) to Parry Sound (Kilcoursie Bay) altogether we endured gorgeous waters for cruising. Covered 375miles cruising at aprox speed of 20-23mph, at $945.00 in diesel. Enjoyed every penny of it. She cruised wonderfully and looking forward to our next journey!!!
Attachments
Anchored in Big Tub Harbour
Anchored in Big Tub Harbour
Morning cruise on Georgian Bay
Morning cruise on Georgian Bay
jurgen

Re: Summer of 2009

Post by jurgen »

Hi;

My name is Jurgen Eichler. I ran across Alcan boats in Gananoque last year and was intrigued. I currently own a 27' Prowler cruiser and I noted the amazing amount of space available on the Alcans and ease of getting on and off. I also saw "Limitless" in Britt on our holiday - nice job on the refit. There were quite a few Alcans up in Britt.

I am thinkingabout doing the Great loop in 4-6 years. Everyone I talk to suggests the only way to do the loop is in a trawler with a diesel engine. Just wondering, do you know of any Alcans having done the great loop? Clearly the comfort of a house cruiser for the 5500 miles would be preferable.

Jurgen Eichler