2011 Alcan Boats St. Lawrence Rendezvous

For general discussion about Alcan boats
dpearson

2011 Alcan Boats St. Lawrence Rendezvous

Post by dpearson »

Folks

As usual, I am late in getting invitations out for the Alcan Boats Rendezvous. I will blame it on the fact that Buster is still not in the water as she is undergoing a substantial re-fit. This may mean that we are attending the Rendezvous by land this year. However, that should not discourage others from attending either by land or by water with their boats.

Date: August 13-14, 2011

Start Time: 12:00 Noon on Saturday

Location: In the beautiful Thousand Islands somewhere near Gananoque, Ontario. Specific location to be confirmed.

Who's invited?
Pretty much anybody who owns, or is interested in, Alcan, Alwest, Sea Villa, Alloy and other derivatives of the aluminum house cruisers initially made under the Alcan label in the late 1960's and early 1970's.

Schedule of events
- The event kicks off around 12:00 Noon on Saturday with Lunch. The crew of Buster will BBQ up a mess of Sausages and hamburgers for all.
- Saturday afternoon, we will have a boat show, so you can see what other people are doing to their boats.
- Saturday dinner will be pot-luck. Bring something to throw on a BBQ for yourself and bring a side dish to share. Please let me know what you are bringing.
- Some time Saturday afternoon, we will get all the boats and crews together for the official group photo.
- Somewhere in the middle of all this, we will squeeze in a cruise.

RSVP

For updates, please see: http://www.alcanboats.com/rendezvous.htm

Looking forward to seeing everyone
Best Regards
David Pearson
Carp, ON
webmaster@alcanboats.com