Alcan in Belleville

For general discussion about Alcan boats
Terry

Alcan in Belleville

Post by Terry »

There's an Alcan 370 in Belleville that I need some info on. I had pics of it but damned if I can find them. I'm pretty sure it was never in the registry.
What I am interested in, is the table that hangs onto the rail and his sun shade for the rear deck. Great simple designs for both that I want to add to our boat.
Anybody have a name of the owner or a way to contact them?
Rob

Re: Alcan in Belleville

Post by Rob »

Hi Terry,
I don't know the boat, but I would be interested in the answer to your question . . . particularly a good design for an aft deck sunshade.
Rob
Terry

Post by Terry »

Table design is something like this. (Don't laugh at my drawing)

Braces made from stainless(?) flat bar maybe 1 1/2" wide, hooked on both ends to fit around top and bottom rails. Wood/stainless/aluminum/acrylic slats would bolt on. If that bend could be hinged they would fold down for easier storage. Need a third support bracket? Overall surface area somewhere around 12" x 24".

Easy to put out and take down and could use them anywhere on the boat... upper/lower decks, even off the side aft.

Rob, you and a few other guys around here are pretty handy and I'll bet you could fabricate something like this. I'd take two or three if someone could come up with them.
Attachments
rail table copy.jpg
Rob

Post by Rob »

Hi Terry,

That is actually a very good drawing ! (Although this design would not work with my new railings)
The problem with fabricating "one-off" custom things like this is that no one wants to pay for the time that it truly takes.
What do you think would be a fair price for something like this ?
Or, perhaps just for folding stainless steel legs ?

Rob