2013 Alcan Boats Rendezvous

For general discussion about Alcan boats
dpearson

2013 Alcan Boats Rendezvous

Post by dpearson »

Hi Folks

At the last rendezvous, we discussed where and when to have the 2013 rendezvous. We had a terrific suggestion from Wendy Cyr to meet at Prinyers Cove. We also agreed that the 17th of August would likely fit into everyone's calendars. So, please consider this an invitation to join us at Prinyers for the weekend, but also an opportunity to contribute to the plan. I understand there is land access and accommodations, and ample mooring. I don't have much detail to offer at this point, but if there are no objections I would like to proceed with the plan.

If anyone has information on this location, please let us know what you know. The basic logistics will be similar to other years

Official start: 12:00 noon on Saturday Aug 17, 2013
Sat. Lunch: Buster will provide BBQ sausages and hamburgers
Sat. Dinner: pot luck
Sun Breakfast: TBD, we will go to a local diner/restaurant if available.
We will plan for a cruise around the area, and some form of entertainment for Saturday afternoon/Sunday morning.
We will disband sometime on Sunday dependent on people's schedules and the weather.

Ideas for activities, meals, etc are welcomed.

Cheers
David
swcyr

Re: 2013 Alcan Boats Rendezvous

Post by swcyr »

I spoke to Don Houghton at Prinyers and he thinks this should not be a problem http://www.bbcanada.com/10833.html . He has dockage @$1.50 ft incl hydro and washroom use, mooring at $1.00 ft. Washroom use @$3.00 per person per day, and Dinghy parking at$5.00? per day. He allows camping as well @$20.00 a night. You can Anchor in the cove as well space permitting. There is good swimming, large lawns and lots of BBQs for use. There is a large screened porch in the clubhouse and showers and toilets.He has a tiny gocery store with limited stock and Ice Cream but I would recommend bringing all supplies.There are photos on the B&B site. PLEASE NOTE he does not have potable water for the boats. The B& B has three rooms $150.00-165.00 per night. They are showing available right now but we should let him know ASAP. Steve and I can get the boat there in a long day -weather permitting. We would arrive late aft. Sat and would have to leave Early next AM to get through the Murray in time. There are LOADS of things to do in the County. Fifth Artisan cheese factory is within walking distance( a long one).There are 34 wineries in the County with Waupoos Winery, The County Cider Co. and Lake on the Mountain restaurant and Microbrewery being the closest. Winery tours can be arranged and cabs are available. We saw Case when we had the boat in Ottawa 2 weeks ago and he seems in good health. He was happy to see his "baby" is being looked after. We look forward to seeing you by boat if possible and on land if not. When you find out who is coming we will plan contribution to pot luck.
Last edited by swcyr on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swcyr

Post by swcyr »

Rob

Post by Rob »

August 17 lands right in the middle of summer family visits for us. We have tried to figure out a way to fit in a trip to Prinyer's (either by boat or by car) but with family coming and going from distant points, overlapping travel schedules and everyone wanting some time on the boat, this is just not going to work for us this year. If any Alcans/Alwests/Sea Villas/Similar are going to be in the 1000 Islands this summer, please give Catherine Ann a call on the VHF !

There has not been much feedback from others . . . I wonder if a "shoulder season" date (earlier in the spring or later in the fall) might work better ?

Rob & Cate
dpearson

Post by dpearson »

Well... despite not much feedback, we are going to have a rendezvous at Prinyer's Cove this coming weekend.

Details so far:

Official start: 12:00 noon on Saturday Aug 17, 2013
Sat. Lunch: Buster will provide BBQ sausages and hamburgers
Sat. Dinner: pot luck
Sun Breakfast: TBD, we will go to a local diner/restaurant if available.
We will plan for a cruise around the area, and some form of entertainment for Saturday afternoon/Sunday morning.
We will disband sometime on Sunday dependent on people's schedules and the weather.

The event is accessible by shore or water.

Hoping you can join us.

David
wayne

Post by wayne »

We will try to make it by car
fraser

Post by fraser »

This message is from Jackie and Bruce Fraser. We are planning on driving down on Sat. morning and
hope to be there by noon. For the pot luck, we could give money or buy a salad,or buns, or cake etc.

We are babysitting two of our grandchildren to-night so we will be leaving soon. We can be reached on cell phone
905 960 2524 or 705 528 7309.

We hope this is ok.

Bye for Know
Jackie & Bruce Fraser