New site preview

For general discussion about Alcan boats
dpearson

New site preview

Post by dpearson »

Folks

I have been feeling guilty about the lack of web site updates. As explanation, I originally created the site using Microsoft Front Page, and over the years, the package has disappeared from easy availability. In the past few months, I have experimented with various alternatives and have concluded that a product called "Word Press" should be able to handle the requirements. I have started the migration and am pleased with the results so far. If you are interested in the development, please check out http://www.alcanboats.com/ This site will be changing dramatically over the next few weeks, but should be interesting to watch.

Cheers
David
Last edited by dpearson on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
dpearson

Re: New site preview

Post by dpearson »

Folks

It is no longer a preview. The new site went live today around 7:30AM. If you are still seeing the old site, please hit refresh on your browser and you will see the new site.

The content is still pretty much the same, but it has all been ported over to Wordpress, so it is much easier to manage. It also allows multiple contributors, so we can start to share the load of updating the site. I am looking forward to adding some of the content people have sent over the past couple of years.

Cheers
David