OK . . . Where is Everybody

For general discussion about Alcan boats
Rob

Post by Rob »

This site has gone amazingly quiet.
Where is everybody . . . . ???
I am working on new railings for Catherine Ann . . . .
What are you guys working on ?
Spring is coming . . . . really it is !
Let's crank up the discussion . . . . .
So where are we going for the 2008 Rendezvous ?
Eboness

Post by Eboness »

Hi Rob, I asked the same thing to David just a couple of months back and he said that everyone is in winter sleep mode. Well maybe except us guys on the Left Coast. Going to have Eboness lifted out of the water this weekend for a survey the insurance company wants, something about boats over 25 years old having to have a survey every five years. Bring On Another Thousand mean anything to you!!! Oh well, I'm taking Ebby to another marina for this work and will get to cruise up the North Arm of the Fraser from Richmond to New Westminster and then back down the main Fraser to Delta to Captains Cove Marina. A nice hour or so cruise and the weather forecast is for cloudy with sunny periods and highs of 8 C. Wish me luck.

Take care, Patrick :D
Our Cottage

where is everybody

Post by Our Cottage »

Kathy and I are in Florida until April. Lots of sun and fun here. Lots of water but on the Gulf coast it's not very deep so we keep our boating for up north. We're planning Canada Day for Peterborough, so far.
Joe
WaterCottage

Post by WaterCottage »

Still here....
Not as much activity on the docks around here, this time of year.

Over winter, I installed a new propane set-up, using the very nice Xintex S-2A solenoid control/sniffer. If the sniffer detects propane, it will also shut off the solenoid.
These are a crazy $275 at WestMarine but I bought one new on Ebay for under $100 from a dealer who always seems to have one listed. Their 12v carbon monoxide detector will be next.

The other regular projects that every boat has should keep me busy through Spring.

Jay
Terry

Post by Terry »

Skiing and hockey.

Winters were too long so we took up skiing a few years ago and I'm just now trying to learn how to skate and play hockey. Methinks I'm too old for hockey but it's exercise and fun.
Ooh my aching back.

Can't wait to get back on board.