*NEW* Technical Forum

For general discussion about Alcan boats
dpearson

*NEW* Technical Forum

Post by dpearson »

Hi Gang

The General forum is getting a little cluttered with topics. Based on a suggestion from our chief scientest (Rob Farrow), I have created a "Technical" forum. Please use this forum for posting questions and answers about the various technical things about Alcan/Alwest/etc. boats. We will use the general section for non-technical topics and any topic that just doesn't seem to fit.

Cheers
David
Rob

Re: *NEW* Technical Forum

Post by Rob »

Hi All:

I don't know if the "Chief Scientist" tag fits . . . .
Maybe "Jack of all Trades" or something like that . . . .
In any case, there are enough technical discussions scattered throughout the general forum, that it makes sense to gather these all in one place. I expect that there will be many "one off" questions, but I hope that other discussions will be around the articles in our tech section. A case in point is Ellen's question about prop selection and how this ties back to the research documented in the tech section by David. I would encourage everyone to document the projects that they hove done. Take lots of pictures. If you would like assistance assembling your stuff into a tech article, I would be glad to help. Send me the pictures and an email description of your project. I will cut and paste it all together and send it back to you. When you like it, you can post it to the website.

Rob