Alcan 290 on Ebay in Carthage, NY

Selling boats, engines, etc.
WaterCottage

Alcan 290 on Ebay in Carthage, NY

Post by WaterCottage »

This is the first time I've seen one of these on Ebay. Starting price US$ 3500. Buy It Now US$ 9000. Looks like at least one of these boats made it to the US.
I cringe when I think what the wood framing and paneling will look like. If I was closer I would look into getting the window assemblies for spares if they decide to scrap it as mentioned.

Vehicle Description

This is a rare find. This is an original Alcan 290, one of only 50 produced. This vessel was a small cruising bar in the St. Lawrence and Lake Ontario region before being removed by the previous owner to be prepped for a refit back into a private living boat. This was a project boat with 99% of the original components still installed, and everything working at the time of being taken out of the water.

The aluminum hull is sound and the 12 inches of floatation foam is intact and is not rotting, but the outer hull has some dents. This house boat is complete but in rough shape,the aluminum cladding on the sides and roof are the original material and in good shape. The living area needs to be redone as it was a bar-room and has not been maintained since being hauled. The walls are suffering from wood rot and need work but this is a project after all. All the original kitchen and bath components are still installed.

The original instruments, steering wheel, controls, electric flush head, engine, outdrive, windows, siding, railings are all intact. The hull paint is in decent shape and there are NO signs of electrolysis on the hull but we have not stripped the hull to check, no soft areas around the fittings and all through hull fittings appear to be sound. The main deck and the hull are comprised of welded aluminum and are in extremely good shape. This was going to be a project for us, but we are unable to at this time, so we are offering this to someone who can put her back to her glory or we are going to cut it up for scrap.

There is no trailer for it. Because of the year of the hull, the title is the bill of sale. Buyer responsible for transport. Buyer responsible for storage fees after June 2010@ 100.00 per month. This is a serious offer to sell and is being re-listed because of the requests for this unit before the holidays.
Newer Link

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0391464632

Older link with more photos

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0381513166

Jay
Attachments
Ahhh, the NorthEast
Ahhh, the NorthEast
HelmArea.JPG
Needs a bit o' work
Needs a bit o' work