Alwest parts for sale

Selling boats, engines, etc.
dpearson

Alwest parts for sale

Post by dpearson »

Hi folks

We have been busy rebuilding Buster to make as good or better than when we first bought her. The superstructure rebuild has taken longer than we expected but has resulted in a substantially improved structure. We have started the interior rebuild which has created an opportunity for current Alwest owners. The demolition of the interior is revealing a number of parts that may be of value to the alcanboats membership. It you have a boat that is missing handles, hinges, catches, drawers, cupboard doors, etc, we may have them left over from the tear-down of Buster. Please resond to this email a description of what yo need and I will see what I can do to help.

Cheers
David
emeraldmist

Re: Alwest parts for sale

Post by emeraldmist »

Hello David,

My name is Trevor. We have a 370 Alcan located in Waubaushene. I am currently in the process of updating the interior and am wondering what you intend to use on the walls ie. (panelling).
dpearson

Re: Alwest parts for sale

Post by dpearson »

Hi Trevor

For the interior wals, we will be using 3/16" teak panelling. I was able to source teak panels and lumber from Noah's Marine Supply in Toronto )http://www.noahsboatbuilding.com/).

In case you are interested in the other materials, the plan is:

Walls - teak panel (good one side)
Ceiling - marine plywood with laminate
Counters - plastic (like Corian, but not Corian)
Galley backsplash - Stainless steel
Walls in the head - marine plywood with laminate

BTW, the wall panels are being mounted on Ash firring strips to build up the wall to the required thickness for the windows. Many good tips from Rob on this front.

Cheers
David