out drive and motor parts

Selling boats, engines, etc.
rb1

out drive and motor parts

Post by rb1 »

Hi Does any one need a 270t leg I used it for two seasons nothing wrong with it could be put on or used for parts.Also have 2 volvo inline 6 complete both running could be installed but selling as part motors.In Aug I will be removing 2 buick v6 from a 37 alcan gladly save if any one is interested for parts . Thanks Robert
Rob

Re: out drive and motor parts

Post by Rob »

Hi Robert,

I am staying with the inline 6 cylinder engines and 270 outdrives in my boat. I already have spares, but if the price is right . . . I might be interested.

Rob
rb1

Post by rb1 »

Hi Rob The price will be right. The out drive I used for two seasons it could be installed as is, motor number 1 was the motor to the 270t leg which I used ,they are out of a 24 ft starcraft that I still have I am putting a out board on the boat . I blew the head gasket, did a temporary repair and ran it the rest of the season. Motor # 2 is factory rebuilt . And a spare head goes with them that looks like it has been re done.As far as price what would you be comfortable with. Robert
Rob

Post by Rob »

Hi Robert,

I already have spare engines and outdrives and (as my wife often points out) I don't really have room to store any more spare parts. I should probably be selling parts . . . not buying more. But if you really want these gone for scrap metal value, I probably couldn't turn that down. Are the engines AQ165 (sidedraft carbs) or AQ170 (downdraft carbs) ? BTW, where are these parts located ?

Rob
rb1

Post by rb1 »

Hi Rob I live in newtonville just east of ashawa any chance you could have a look at them. Robert
wallyg

Post by wallyg »

Hello Robert,

Provided Rob passes, I may be interested in your gear. I am a bit confused though. Do you have V6 motors? or inline motors? And you have one VOlvo Penta Foot?

Walt
rb1

Post by rb1 »

Hi Walt The motors are inline volvo. The leg is a 270t. And I am taking out 2 Buick v6 of a 1969 alcan. I will never use this equipment and I don't need them for spare parts. Regards Robert
Rob

Post by Rob »

Hi Robert,

I live in Whitby, so can quite easily come by to take a look at the engines and parts that you have.
Contact me by email: rob.farrow@sympatico.ca.

Rob
Last edited by Rob on Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
rb1

Post by rb1 »

Hi Rob My # is 905 786 1184 give me a call some night after 6 and I will give you directions and when you feel like going for a drive we will get together. No hurry. Thanks Robert
wallyg

Post by wallyg »

Hi Robert,

I am not a motor expert - i have always equated an "inline 6" to be a "straight six", meaning the cylinders are in a line (thus "inline" ). In contrast, my boat has V6 motors - three cylinders on one side and three on the other forming a V around the crankshaft.

Can you clarify what type motors you have availabe based on this?

Thanks, Walt
rb1

Post by rb1 »

Hi Walt You are right strait six is the proper term.Are the v6 in your boat Buick motors and are the out drives 250 volvos. Thanks Robert
emeraldmist

Post by emeraldmist »

Hi Robert,

If your deal does not work out, I would be interested in purchasing the engines and outdrives. Can pick up when you would like. My email is schnares@rogers.com if you would like to contact me.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Hi Emerald Mist,
If you are interested in the straight 6 engines and can work out a deal with Robert, go for it.
(Robert, I will still be the "back up plan")
I realistically am already storing too many spare parts.
BTW, Emerald Mist, if you are into rebuilding Volvo B30 engines, we should compare notes.
Rob
wallyg

Post by wallyg »

Hi Robert,

Yes the outdrives are Volvo Penta 250's. I am not sure if the V6 motors I have are of Buick origin. I will be digging into them shortly. As for your parts, it sounds like Emeral Mist is positioned to do the deal.

Good luck!

Walt
Rob

Post by Rob »

Hi Walt,

From what I saw of your engines and outdrives, I am pretty sure that the combination that you have are the 150 HP AQ150B engines with the 250B outdrives. I sent you some more information on these by email. These are derivations of the Buick 225 cu in V6 engine. I think that the engines that Robert has right now are straight 6 Volvo B30 engines. Emerald Mist will have to confirm whether he is interested in the straight 6 or the V6 engines that Robert is planning to take out later.

Maybe we should start up an "Engine and Outdrive" section on this forum ?

Rob
wallyg

Post by wallyg »

Howdy Rob,

Enjoying the forum activity on the subject. Thanks for your input on the Carole Ann - more feedback on her as i dig into things. Your call if we create a dedicated "gearhead channel". Sounds like the sale of Robert's hardware for sale has culitvated the gearhead in all of us. Wherever, I'll be monitoring with interest.

A la Sante, Walt
rb1

Post by rb1 »

Rob I have a 10 kva westerbeke generator in my boat there are only 6 hr on it and I am thinking on keeping it even though I don't like having to different fuels on board . Do you know how many gph it will use. Robert
rb1

Post by rb1 »

Hi Trever took all the parts Thanks guys Robert
Watertime

Post by Watertime »

Hi Robert.........would you have a working fuel pump you would sell from the Buick V'6 you are taking out? Is it a 155HP? I'm doing spring cleaning, updating and spare parts, and will be looking for a fuel pump. Thanks..Gary (607-272-1155)

Post by 290 »

rb1 wrote:Hi Does any one need a 270t leg I used it for two seasons nothing wrong with it could be put on or used for parts.Also have 2 volvo inline 6 complete both running could be installed but selling as part motors.In Aug I will be removing 2 buick v6 from a 37 alcan gladly save if any one is interested for parts . Thanks Robert
If the buick v6's are the OMC 155 hp I need at least 1 out drive if working well, maybe 2, as one of mine is overheating and my marina tells me that they can't get parts to repair it. Thanks. alcan290@yahoo.ca .
rb1

Post by rb1 »

Hi friends I just got home from a month vacation on the north canal and I am leaving to take mt wife fishing north of chapello I wll be returning on aug 13th then I will be taking the buick v6 out of the all can the outdrives are volvo 250 if anyone need parts let me know then. All the best Robert
wallyg

Post by wallyg »

Rb1,

I think your motors and outdrives match mine and I would be interested in having them as spares. Are they still availabe, and if so what is their condition?

Thanks, Walt

Post by 290 »

Update - my marina was able to get all new parts to rebuild both 290 outdrives (impellers, housings, seals, gaskets). However, both engines still overheat! They say that the cooling channels in the engines must be blocked and cannot be cleared without rebuilding the engines.

Any help would be appreciated. If anyone has a lead on 2 OMC 155hp (Buick V6) engines, or advice on rebuilding or repowering with alternate engines/outdrives - or outboards?

Maybe I should cut my losses and sell the boat for scrap aluminum value and get a 32 or 37 with fiberglass or welded aluminum cabin? (It has been a battle dealing with elusive leaks through the wood / aluminum sheet superstructure.)
Rob

Post by Rob »

Hi 290:

You might want to get a second opinion on the cause of the overheating, before throwing in the towel.
To have one engine overheating would not be unusual . . . but two at the same time ?
The water intake is through the outdrives and these have been removed . . . hmm.
I would be looking very carefully for a blockage or air leak on the suction side of the raw water pump, somewhere between the outdrive and the pump.

There is a torn down Alcan 290 in London. These engines might be an alternative.
http://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles ... Z305395080

Rob