370 alcan 1969

Selling boats, engines, etc.
RB2

370 alcan 1969

Post by RB2 »

If some one wants to take the time to give this 37 ft boat the care I would sell it for 5000.
wayne

Re: 370 alcan 1969

Post by wayne »

do you have pics and where is it and how rough
RB2

Post by RB2 »

Hi Wayne The hull of the boat is in great shape with no damage or dents. The skeg has been damaged in storage, they rested the boat on the skeg with out supporting the edges but no damage to the boat. The rail is solid with no bends.The decks and the roof and rail have been striped of paint.The interior is clean no damage to woodwork, upholstery is clean no tears.The previous owner keep the boat in good repair but used it for a cottage.He decided to put air con on the boat and cut a rv or marine unit through the wheel house roof done a great job but changed the look of the boat by cutting the sun shade off the bow putting a wood roof on what was left of the wheel house and fiber glassed it.The roof line looks like a 30 ft. The inside of the wheel house looks like the unit belongs he did a clean installation looks like was always part of the boat.But the air con is fused at 30 amp along with electric stove, microwave, fridge, hot water heater. the electrical system had no chance of keeping up with the electrical demand. Along with the rewiring of appliances in the boat there is no alternative but to strip out the complete 110 electrical system and redo it. the glass in the boat has no cracks, and all work well. hot water heater works. Fresh water is inflatable bag, the head is in good condition with no issues. Of course it is aluminum. Even though the boat has been out of the water and on land since 2004, the boat will be put into the water and driven this season, but the v6 buick engines are original to the boat. they have had issues causing them to have to be rebuilt. the port engine was rebuilt in 1983, again in 1994. The starboard engine was rebuilt in 1996. I believe that the engines have issues because they were not properly serviced or winterized by the previous owners. These engines are untrustworthy and the boat should be re powered.
wayne

Post by wayne »

Next where are you and the boat located
RB2

Post by RB2 »

alcan-alcan37 (1).jpg
alcan-alcan37.jpg
alcan-alcan37 (5).jpg
Hi Wayne The boat is east of Peterborough on buck horn lake the marina is called reach harbor. The bottom of the boat was re painted the same color as the top and it look flat should have left it blue. You can see in the photo the air con and a stable lasing sail.
wayne

Post by wayne »

are you around this weekend and thx for the pics
RB2

Post by RB2 »

Hi Wayne I am around And I see you don't live to far from where I live. Are you still in port Perry.And do you have a alcan now.I really like the alcan but the boat that I am working on is going to take at least 5 years to complete.Last year I put 2 volvo diesels in. this year so far I have installed the swim platform ,a crane, and hand rails, so far about 95 hr. So I just don't have time for the alcan. I have added a photo of the boat I am working on A note for rob the trailer is the one I built last year.
Attachments
Hamilton-20120916-00096.jpg
wayne

Post by wayne »

We have on now re-powered Used and it is Ok its actually an alwest (Georgina) Marie we want use this one and was looking for a project boat to personalize was going to do ours up nut means no boat for a couple of years we like the alwest lower berth but was going to do what buster did on superstructure so I am considering your boat putting in propane and lower sleeping some insulation and a bridge as opposed to doing ours right now so we still have one in the water and by the sounds of it yours has a cleaner hull so the of course we have a boat for sale in a few years LOL so could you email me at ell-way@live.ca with contact info so we can set something up.
RB2

Post by RB2 »

Hi Wayne
Buster was a labor of love. the owners can be congratulated. I think they saved the boat from the wrecking yard. When I first started looking for an Alcan there was one for sale in London ON., and the owner of that boat had stripped the boat with great intentions, but gave up sold the parts off, and that I presume was the end of that vessel. I am sure that alot of the wooden cabins on these fine boats are getting to the point that a full restoration on the cabin will be necessary to save these boats. I think over the next few years you will see many disappear from service.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Hi Guys:

Interesting discussion ! An all-aluminum Alcan is a great foundation for a full restoration. One comment on Alcan 370 vs Alwest 370 . . . there is a significant difference in interior volume, even though both hulls are about the same length. A lower forward berth would be difficult to squeeze into an Alcan 370. What might work, would be to raise the upper cabin floor on the port side. This would have the added benefit of raising the bench seating in the upper cabin to the same height as the helm seat, thus improving visibility from these seats.

Rob
Last edited by Rob on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wayne

Post by wayne »

We actually thought of raising the floor even in the alwest. We live in Holland landing and our home port is Holland River (south Lake Simcoe )about 2 hrs away
RB2

Post by RB2 »

Hi Wayne and Rob Wayne could you not find a spot closer to home 2 hr seams to be a long drive.There must be a farmer close that would store the boat and with any luck you might find a shed. Rob with the ability you have in restoration you should think of a project likely would save another boat.
Aaxman

Post by Aaxman »

Hi Rb2
Do you still have the 370 for sale ?
Or has Wayne or Rob beat me to it .
Thanks for the picture and the honest discription of the work that will be needed to bring her back to her glory .
Besides the engine repower and the electrical rewire , are the hull and cabin house are still in good condtion ?
The boat is actually an Alwest ( correct ? ) so the cabin house is wood not aluminum construction .
I've got about 8 years until retirement and was thinking this could be a project I slowly work away at .
How firm are you on the price as there will be alot invested to bring her back to her glory ?
Let me know
Thanks
Allan
RB2

Post by RB2 »

Hi Allan The boat is a alcan the cabin is aluminum the price is firm. Eight years is enough time to refit the boat but you will need 40 to 50 thousand for the refit. When you consider a 27 ft Stanley is 156 thousand the alcan is the better way.Thanks Robert
Bwanajohn

Post by Bwanajohn »

Hi
Has this boat been sold or is it still for sale /Where?
Thx
Stephen
tdcook

Post by tdcook »

Is the boat still for sale?
waynegreen

Post by waynegreen »

Hello, Is this boat still available?
do you know of any others? need to be 37s