Free - Alwest 370 Railings

Selling boats, engines, etc.
Rob

Free - Alwest 370 Railings

Post by Rob »

Does anybody need a section of original Alwest 370 railing ?
It would be too much to hope for an exact fit but if yours are damaged, these would be a good place to start. I have recently built new railings for Catherine Ann and the originals are free to anyone who could use them.
dpearson

Post by dpearson »

Rob

I don't want to be greedy, but I might take as much as I can get. I am in the process of designing a swim platform and dive ladder and was hoping to use materials that looked as though they belonged on the boat. The swim platform will be plate aluminum, but I would love to use original railing material to make the ladder. What all did you replace?

David
Rob

Post by Rob »

David et al:
I have a backyard rack full of all my original Alwest 370 railings.
Lower and upper deck rails plus ladder(s).
Storing this eyesore jumble of aluminum pipe is not going over well with the First Mate. If anyone wants all or part of this pile, it is yours for the taking.
Otherwise, as much as I hate to throw anything out, these are off to the metal recycler.
Rob
WaterCottage

Post by WaterCottage »

I'm surprised anyone would replace these railings. The originals, especially on the main deck, are so nicely shaped, bent, and welded.

The idea of using some to add to an aluminum swim platform is a great one, though, and I wish I was closer.

Jay
Rob

Post by Rob »

If you go to the 2007 Rendezvous picture of Catherine Ann leaving the dock, you can see the mahogany and stainless railings that I built to replace the original aluminum ones.