New Technical Articles

Rob

New Technical Articles

Post by Rob »

I have recently added a couple of articles to the Technical section of the main website.
One on the complete renovation of the lower forward berth on Catherine Ann (an Alwest 370)
and one on the stowable top deck sunshade . . . for anyone who might be interested.
There are links on the website welcome page.
If you would like more info on either of these projects, let me know.

Rob Farrow
Dancor

Re: New Technical Articles

Post by Dancor »

Great Information Rob. I can see the sun shade as a great feature. I am hoping we can create a small lower berth with the Sea Villa 32. Not as much head room. Cheers Dan
Rob

Post by Rob »

Hi Dan,

I came across a great idea (after I had completed the lower forward berth on Catherine Ann) that could help with two problems. Headroom in the lower berth and line of sight from the forward seating area.
The helm seat is about the right height for best vision out the windows, but the bench seating is about 6" too low.
Raising this area (sort of like a booth in some restaurants) would also gain valuable headroom at one end of the lower berth.
If I had this project to do over again, I would seriously consider this idea.

Rob
Dancor

Post by Dancor »

Rob
Wow time flies. Yes great idea about the booth for additional head room in forward berth. Once it warms up I will get under the tarp. Hope you and all users have a Great Christmas.
Dan