screens

pedro

screens

Post by pedro »

Thought I would get my torn screens repaired. Removed the interior trim ring but can't seem to figure out how screens come out. The exterior trim seems to have a joint in it . Do I just pry it off? Can't see window removal just to repair a screen?
Attachments
CAM00324.jpg
Rob

Re: screens

Post by Rob »

Hi Pedro,

The screens lift straight up so that the lower edge will clear the guide track. The problem is that there is a piece of rubber tubing inside the upper part of the screen that is supposed to be compressible to allow this. Over time this tubing hardens and make getting the screen out, really difficult. Start at the rounded lower corner rather than the right angle corner and try to lift and ease the screen frame over the lower guide.

Rob
pedro

Post by pedro »

Thanks Rob I will give it a try. It was an eye opener at the rendezvous seeing what others have done. Your workmanship was impressive.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Got them out. My windows have a small section or void of the upper guide track at about the midway point. Just slid screen past this point then fed it out this opening of the track guide. Must be different than yours.