Cusion Configuration

For general discussion about Alcan boats
abbey8875

Cusion Configuration

Post by abbey8875 »

Hello,

My husband and I are proud new owners of an Alcan. So thrilled to be on the waters of Georgian Bay. We are revamping the interior of the boat and reupholstering the cushions. The previous owners left some cushions for us, but I can't make sense of where they should all fit. Does anyone have a cushion layout?

Many thanks
Abbey and Andrew
dpearson

Re: Cusion Configuration

Post by dpearson »

Hi Abbey/Andrew

Congrats on the boat and welcome to the forum.

With respect to the cushions, I have never seen any drawings of the layout. However, everything is pretty rectangular and the dimensions are similar from one seating area to the next. What model boat do you have? The http://www.alcanboats.com/newsite_wordpress/models section of the web site has brochures for the different models and they have rudimentary layout diagrams that might be a helpful staring point. Sometimes the challenge is that people make modifications to the furniture and keep the old cushions. So you end up with cushions that don't fit anywhere. Take some measurements, or send some pics, and I might be able to guess where the cushion fits.

Cheers
David
abbey8875

Re: Cusion Configuration

Post by abbey8875 »

Thank you.

I will look at the link you posted and take better measurements. I'm not sure of the model name. It was built in 1969 and has been completely remodeled.

We wish it had the original interior, but we will have fun giving it our own style

thank you
abbey